|Audrey St. John||
3D Body-and-Bar/Hinge Pebble Game Demo
This applet demonstrates the (6,6)-pebble game
used to solve the decision, spanning, extraction,
optimization, components, redundancy, and Henneberg problems for
3D body-and-bar rigidity.
You may also be interested in the pebble game for
2D bar-and-joint rigidity.
- Use the standard play controls at the top to play the pebble game (animate, step individually or "fast forward" to the end);
this will cause edges to be inserted in arbitrary order.
- To insert edges one at a time in a specific order, do not press the play controls after initializing the
graph; instead, simply click the edges in the left pane as you want them inserted. The play controls will become available
once the first edge has been chosen.
- Use the View menu to change the moves displayed for the game:
- Show all moves will show every move the game makes, including pebble searches and edge reversals.
- Show only one move per edge iteration will only show the outcome of each edge consideration (rejection or acceptance).
- Show only final configuration will only show the final outcome of the game.
- To load a predefined graph, select from Graphs menu
- To create a graph
- Go to the Create graph tab
- Add vertices by right clicking and selecting "Insert"
- Add edges by clicking first vertex (hover over center until you see a hand cursor, then click), then pull to second vertex
- Adjust radius by selecting vertex and pulling bounding box
- When finished, click "Set graph" button at the bottom
- Return to Play pebble game tab to run pebble game algorithm.
To run the demo locally on your machine (allowing the additional feature of file saving/loading), simply download
pebblegame.jar and double-click it to run.