|CS Independent Studies
3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Shani Mensing '15 - Creating and Designing a Micro-Controller
- Ressi Miranda '15 - A Raspberry Pi Touch Table
In this talk, I will discuss the process of
installing a Raspberry Pi, a small credit-card
size computer, as the controller for a multitouch table.
Since the multitouch table currently utilizes a bulky and
expensive laptop, using
a small and inexpensive Raspberry Pi will maintain the
functionality of the multitouch table while increasing its usability.
- Humaira Orchee '15 - An Android Application to Remotely Control Robots
- Ruimin Cai '14 - Analyzing the Rigidity of Structures
- Xinyun (Cis) Xing '16 - Strange behavior of CAD in special positions
Mechanical engineers use Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, such as SolidWorks, to help with their products. However, when the software makes mistakes, it can lead to serious consequences. One of the challenges SolidWorks encounters is that it fails to correctly analyze rigidity when the system is in special position. It is essential to address this problem because, for example, a flexible bridge could be disastrous. In this talk, I will discuss approaches for testing and finding the special positions where SolidWorks makes mistakes.